This past week was one of outreach and communication. I made a lot of phone calls to those places we thought might be interested in hosting dialogues. Ideas are peculating but there is nothing concrete to report at the moment. Many affiliates groups meet the first Saturday of the month so I suspect I will be hearing from people soon.
I sent all the affiliate contact people a copy of the voters’ reflection guide with a letter inviting them to be involved. I also send information on the possibility of Live Streaming the Town Hall meeting planned for March 9 of Ecumenical Advocacy Days and I sent information to interested Maryknoll contacts on how to participate in the formation of the platform for the July Catholic Convention on the Common Good.
I have assigned all Sundays and holy days through the 3rd week of Advent, also I have people committed to writing homily helps for Christmas and Epiphany. I am now looking to fill only 5 slots and the original RSVP date was the end of February! If I get a rush of people saying they’ll contribute, I may be swapping out some of the Sunday’s I’d assigned to MOGC staff!!! I will keep you all posted.
I submitted a blog reflecting some MOGC views on the “On Day One and the Better World Campaign: site. I plan to write messages every now and then to eventually cover all the recommendations in the voters’ reflection guide.
Coming soon: some thought about how to organize homily helps on the web site and more news after NewsNotes is put to bed, I will likely be asking you all for some resources to include in the information packets. Currently I am collecting all the statements we have on or related to the 5 themes of the reflection guide.
No comments:
Post a Comment